Cave Urban, ‘Transience’, Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2019. Photo Clyde Yee.
Application dates for Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2023 will be announced shortly.
Call for submissions for the 24th Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi to be staged along the coastal walk from Bondi to Tamarama in Sydney, Australia from 21 October –7 November, 2022, are now closed.
AWARDS & SUBSIDIES
- The Aqualand Sculpture Award of $70,000
- Each artist’s costs are underwritten up to $2,000 and all reasonable installation equipment is provided at no cost
- Three Helen Lempriere Scholarships of $30,000 each open to Australian artists
- Clitheroe Foundation Emerging Artists Mentorships of $15,000 for young Australian artists
- $20,000 for a Greek artist to exhibit supported by the Greek Australian community and the Greek Consulate General in Sydney
- $15,000 for a Danish artist to exhibit in Sydney – one for each of the next two Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi exhibitions in 2021 and 2022, supported by the Friendship Society of Denmark, Australia and New Zealand
- $10,000 for a Czech artist to exhibit supported by the Czech Consulate in Sydney
- The Wallace Foundation Sculptor Award for a New Zealand artist of NZ$8,000 towards their costs of exhibiting including freight and travel to Sydney to participate in the exhibition
- Dick Bett Memorial Invitation for a Tasmanian artist of $5,000
- Dr Malcom Bywaters Senior Lecturer, Academic Director – Academy Gallery & Exhibitions, University of Tasmania;
- Geoffrey Edwards Curator Pt Leo Estate Sculpture Park, former Director, Geelong Gallery, and former Senior Curator, Sculpture & Glass, National Gallery of Victoria;
- Eva Rodriguez Riestra Public Art Program Manager, City of Sydney; and
- Wendy Teakel Artist, Honorary Visitor and Former Head of Sculpture, Australian National University, School of Art and Design.
If you have any questions please contact Suzie Clark at [email protected] or 02 8399 0233.