April Pine, ‘Shifting Horizons’, Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2018. Photo Jessica Wyld.
Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2019 Artist Submissions have CLOSED.
Call for submissions for the 23rd annual Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi to be staged along the coastal walk from Bondi to Tamarama in Sydney, Australia from 24 October – 10 November, 2019, have CLOSED. Artists whose works are chosen for exhibition will be notified by Monday 13 May 2019.
- Exhibiting over 100 sculptures by Australian and overseas artists
- Strong sculpture sales
- Open to emerging and experienced artists alike
- Attracts 500,000 visitors each year
AWARDS & SUBSIDIES
- The Aqualand Sculpture Award of $70,000
- Each artist’s costs are underwritten up to $2,000 and all reasonable installation equipment is provided at no cost
- Three Helen Lempriere Scholarships of $30,000 each open to Australian artists
- Four subsidies of $5,000 – $10,000 for new and innovative artworks funded by the Australia Council for the Arts
- Two Clitheroe Foundation Mentorships of $15,000 for young emerging Australian artists
- $10,000 for an Israeli artist to exhibit
- $10,000 for a Danish artist to exhibit
- The Wallace Foundation New Zealand Sculptor Award for a New Zealand artist increased to NZ$8,000
- Dick Bett Memorial Invitation for a Tasmanian artist of $5,000
- An Emerging Artist Subsidy of $5,000 pledged by an anonymous donor, for an artist from any country who has in the past 5 years finished tertiary education
- Dr Malcom Bywaters, Gallery Director, School of Creative Arts, University of Tasmania
- Dr Michael Hill, Head of Art History and Theory, National Art School, Sydney
- Anni Ma, Chinese Curatorial Advisor to Sculpture by the Sea
- Wendy Teakel, Artist & Honorary Visitor and Former Head of Sculpture, School of Art and Design, Australian National University
If you have any questions please contact Zoe Kazic, Exhibition Coordinator at [email protected] or 02 8399 0233.
Keep an eye out for our Call for Submissions for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2020 which will open in June 2019.