Václav Fiala ‘Tower for Jan Palach’ Sculpture by the Sea Cottesloe 2020. Photo Clyde Yee.
Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2022 Artist Submissions are NOW OPEN.
The call for submissions for the 18th annual Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe to be staged on Perth’s stunning Cottesloe Beach in Western Australia from 4 – 21 March 2022, are open until Tuesday 13 July 2021, 11.59pm Australian Western Standard Time.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before beginning your application.
- An estimated 200,000 visitors over 3 weeks
- Strong sculpture sales
- Open to artists, from senior through to emerging artists alike
- Over 70 sculptures by Australian and international artists
AWARDS & SUBSIDIES
- The $10,000 Bendat Family Foundation Invited WA Artist Program, each for three WA artists invited by the Sculpture by the Sea National Artistic Advisory Committee
- Sculpture by the Sea Artist Award of $30,000 funded by the Minderoo Foundation
- Western Australian Sculptor Scholarship of $10,000 with thanks to Gavin Bunning AM & Julienne Penny
- Alcoa Aluminium Award of $10,000 for a new significant work in Aluminium open to all exhibiting artists
- The Barton Family Foundation artist support of $10,000 for an artist to make a major new artwork inspired by the exhibition site;
- The Mostyn Family Foundation Artist Subsidy of $5,000 for an International Artist
- Assistance for all artists for reasonable use of install and de-install Site Crew and heavy equipment
- Dr Nien Schwarz, Artist & Honorary Senior Lecturer, School of Arts and Humanities, Edith Cowan University
- Professor Ted Snell AM Cit WA, Honorary Professor, School of Arts and Humanities, Edith Cowan University
- Ashley Yihsin Chang, Perth based Taiwanese Curator & Culture Exchange Program Facilitator
- Before beginning your application please read our Terms and Conditions
- For an example of the information that we are requesting in the online form, please click here
- Please click the button below to begin your online application
The deadline for online applications is Tuesday 13 July 2021, 11.59pm Australian Western Standard Time.
If you have any questions please contact [email protected] or 02 8399 0233.