Stephanie De Biasi & Carolina Arsenii, ‘Fossil’, Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2022. Photo Richard Watson
Submissions for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2023 are now CLOSED.
ARTIST SUPPORT, AWARDS AND SUBSIDIES
Each year the Sculpture by the Sea team work hard to generate artist awards and subsidies for exhibiting artists, many of which are finalised throughout the year. Awards and subsidies confirmed to date for 2023:
- The Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe Artists Award of $30,000 with thanks to Minderoo Foundation;
- The Barton Family Foundation Artist Support of $10,000 for major new artworks inspired by the exhibition site;
- The Mostyn Family Foundation Artist Subsidy of $5,000 for an International Artist;
- EY People’s Choice Prize of $5,000;
- Kids’ Choice Prize of $2,000;
- Assistance for all artists for reasonable use of install and deinstall Site Crew and heavy equipment.
- Australian Artists Only: An Artist Cost Contribution of up to $4,500 to Australian Artists who exhibit in both Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe and ‘Sculpture Inside’ Cottesloe 2023, and who do not otherwise earn a minimum of $6,500 from the exhibition, with thanks to the Australian Federal Government’s RISE Fund for the Arts.
The Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2023 Curatorial Panel Members are:
- Olga Cironis – Artist
- Dr Bruce Slatter – Artist & Deputy Head of School, Discipline Lead of Creative Arts, School of Media, Creative Arts & Social Inquiry (MCASI), Faculty of Humanities, Curtin University
- Professor Ted Snell AM CitWA – Honorary Professor, School of Arts and Humanities, Edith Cowan University
- Ashley Yihsin Chang – Art On The Move Board Member, Taiwanese Curator & Culture Exchange Program Facilitator (Perth, WA)
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
For further information or if you have any questions regarding the submission process, please contact Suzie Clark [email protected]
KEEP IN TOUCH
To receive the latest information on application dates, please ensure you are subscribed to our mailing list and follow our social media channels.
Application dates for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2024 will be announced mid 2023.