Alessandra Rossi, ‘Cairn (marker #1, #2, #3)’, Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2019. Photo Clyde Yee.
Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2020 Artist Submissions NOW OPEN!
The call for submissions for the 16th annual Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe to be staged on Perth’s stunning Cottesloe Beach in Western Australia from 6 – 23 March 2019, are NOW OPEN.
- An estimated 200,000 visitors over 3 weeks
- Strong sculpture sales
- Open to artists, from senior through to emerging artists alike
- Over 70 sculptures by Australian and international artists
AWARDS & SUBSIDIES
- The Bendat Family Foundation Western Australian Invited Artists of $10,000 for three artists
- Up to four or more new and innovative work subsidies of $5,000 – $10,000 each with support from the Australia Council for the Arts
- Western Australian Sculptor Scholarship of $10,000 with thanks to Gavin Bunning AM & Julienne Penny
- The Alcoa Aluminium Award of $10,000 for a new significant work in Aluminium open to all exhibiting artists
- The Danish Artist Subsidy of $10,000
- The Mostyn Family Foundation Artist Subsidy of $5,000 for an International Artist
- Assistance for all artists for reasonable use of install and de-install Site Crew and heavy equipment with support from the Australia Council for the Arts
- The EY People’s Choice prize of $5,000
- Olga Cironis, Artist
- Dr Michael Hill, Head of Art History and Theory, National Art School, Sydney
- Professor Ted Snell AM Cit WA, Chief Cultural Officer, Cultural Precinct, University of Western Australia
- Gemma Weston, Curator, Cruthers Collection of Women’s Art, Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery, University of Western Australia; Program Associate, Visual Arts, Perth Festival
Before beginning your application
Please read our
To apply online
To begin your online application click ‘Apply Now’
The deadline for online applications is 11.59pm, Sunday 18 August 2019 (AEST).
To apply via post
Please send all hard copy applications to PO Box 300, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 by 5pm, Wednesday 14 August 2019 (AEST).
If you have any questions please contact the Exhibition Coordinator Zoe Kazic at [email protected] or 02 8399 0233.