Juan Pablo Pinto Cristian Rojas, ‘Selfish’, Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2022. Photo Gareth Carr
Call for Submissions for Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2023 are now closed.
Call for submissions for the 25th Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi to be staged along the coastal walk from Bondi to Tamarama in Sydney, Australia from 20 October –6 November, 2023 are now closed.
Artist Awards and Subsidies
Each year we seek to generate artist subsidies and awards, many of which are finalised throughout the year. Subsidies and awards confirmed to date for 2023:
- The Aqualand Sculpture Award of $100,000 an acquisitive award with the sculpture gifted by Aqualand for permanent placement in Sydney.
- Helen Lempriere Scholarship of $30,000 open to Australian artists
- International Artists Only: An Artist cost contribution of up to $3,000 (conditions apply)
- Australian Artists Only: An Artist Cost Contribution of up to $4,500 (conditions apply)
- The Springshoots Artist Subsidy for a Chinese Artist towards the freight of their work to Sydney
- Two Clitheroe Foundation Emerging Artist Mentorships of $15,000 for young Australian artists
- The Friendship Society of Denmark, Australia & New Zealand, Danish Artist Award of $15,000
- $10,000 for a Czech artist to exhibit, thanks to the Czech Consulate in Sydney
- Tasmanian Artists: Dick Bett Memorial Invitation for a Tasmanian artist of $5,000
- Mostyn Family Foundation Artist Subsidy of $5,000
- Waverley Council Mayor’s Award of $5,000
- Allens People’s Choice Price of $5,000
- The Kids’ Choice Prize of $4,000
- Material Sponsorship is available for selected artists.
Please note that artists do not need to apply separately for the above subsidies and awards.
Recipients will be notified directly. Please read the Terms & Conditions document for more information.
All artist submissions will be considered by our four-person Curatorial Panel including:
- Dr Malcom Bywaters Senior Lecturer, Academic Director, Academy Gallery & Exhibitions, University of Tasmania
- Olga Cironis Artist
- Terence Maloon Director, ANU Drill Hall Gallery & University Art Collection
- Dr Nien Schwarz Artist & Honorary Senior Lecturer, School of Arts and Humanities, Edith Cowan University
Please read our Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please review our Exhibition Site Map
Exhibition Site Map
If you have any questions please contact Suzie Clark at [email protected] or 02 8399 0233.