Nicole Larkin, Dynamics in Impermanence, Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2016. Photo Clyde Yee.
Have you ever wanted to exhibit at Sculpture by the Sea? Emerging, established and aspiring artists alike are encouraged to submit for pre-selection in the 21st annual Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi to be staged along the coastal walk from Bondi to Tamarama in Sydney, Australia from 19 October – 5 November, 2017.
Artists can apply both online and by mailing hard copy applications. Online applications will close Sunday 9 April 12am EST and the cut off for mail applications is Friday 7 April, 5pm EST.
Each year we seek to generate artist subsidies and awards, many of which are finalised throughout the year. Subsidies and awards confirmed to date for Bondi 2017 include:
- The Aqualand Sculpture Award of $60,000, an acquisitive award with the sculpture gifted by Aqualand for permanent public placement in Sydney;
- Three Helen Lempriere Scholarships of $30,000 each for Australian artists;
- Three Clitheroe Foundation Mentorships of $10,000 each foryoung emerging Australian artists and their mentors;
- Four International or Australian artists of new and innovative site specific and ephemeral works will receive $5,000 each towards their costs;
- An Artist cost contribution of up to $2,000 to each artist who exhibits in both Sculpture by the Sea and Sculpture Inside, and who does not otherwise net over $2,500 in sales, subsidies or prizes from the exhibition.
- The Andrea Stretton Memorial Invitation of $5,000 towards freight, materials, accommodation and airfare to exhibit in Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe in Perth, Western Australia in March 2018;
- For New Zealand artists: The Wallace Arts Trust New Zealand Sculptor Award of NZ$7,000 towards costs of exhibiting andtravel to Sydney for the exhibition;
- For Tasmanian artists: The Dick Bett Memorial Invitation of $5,000
towards freight, materials, accommodation and airfare;
- The Allens People’s Choice Prize of $5,000;
- The Kids’ Choice Prize of $3,000 donated by Rebel Penfold Russell OAM
For links to the online application form and the downloadable PDF please head to http://sculpturebythesea.com/info/for-artists/bondi-submissions-2/