Aliesha Mafrici, Stasis III, Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2017. Photo Jessica Wyld.
Edith Cowan University (ECU) has joined Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe as a three year partnerfrom this year’s Sculpture by the Sea exhibition. There are a number of creative activations that form part of our partnership which include:
- An internship which provides a ECU student access and involvement in the design, installation and administration of the Exhibition and mentoring.
- The Sculpture by the Sea Artist Process Exhibition. ECU has curated and produced an exhibition at Gallery 25 with the support of SxS that features SxS sculptors in this year’s exhibition, their concept drawings, design sources, materials they used, structural and spatial development and site placement information.
- We also have two ECU students works featured in the Sculpture Inside Exhibition – Raija Thomas and Nikki Lundy
There are nine ECU graduates in this year’s exhibition. They are:
- Hayley Bahr – graduated BA Vis Arts 2009
- Olga Cironis – graduated Grad Dip Ed (sec) 1999
- Tom de Munk-Kerkmeer – graduated BCA 2009
- Norton Flavel – graduated BA Vis Arts 2002
- Aliesha Mafrici – graduated BA 2016
- Stuart McMillan – graduated BA Vis Arts 2008
- Denise Pepper – graduated BA Vis Arts 2006
- ECU staff Ryan Shaw – graduated Grad Dip Ed (Primary) 2016
- Sally Stoneman – graduated Dip Art Ed 1982
A number of other benefits will be implemented during 2017 which, due to the close proximity of the signing of the agreement to the SxS Cott exhibition, could not be implemented for 2017.
We look forward to working with ECU, its Students and Graduates to build on the success of this year’s exhibition and to create new and more exciting opportunities ahead.