Great News! We have $500,000 of new funding for Australian artists in the next four Sculpture by the Sea exhibitions at Bondi and Cottesloe thanks to the Federal Government’s RISE Fund. For the first time, every Australian artist in our Cottesloe exhibition will be guaranteed some income for exhibiting. This is extremely important and has been a long time coming! Thanks to RISE each Australian artist will have the benefit of an Artist Cost Contribution that ensures a safety net of at least $4,500 per exhibition. This direct support for artists is part of the $2M we secured over the next two years from the Federal Government’s RISE Fund to restore and expand our organisation in response to Covid.
The grant includes funding:
– towards staging the exhibitions;
– to continue and expand our school’s outreach program through the year into regional WA, regional NSW, Canberra, Perth and Sydney;
– to move our annual sculpture conference to Perth;
– to rebuild our staff towards pre-Covid levels; and
– the $280,000 to comply with Covid event protocols (marshalls, cleaners, signage etc).
Thank you to everyone in the Federal Ministry for the Arts involved in securing and administering the $200M of funding for the Arts across Australia as our sector seeks to deal with Covid.