- Be available for all days of induction, installation, shifts (as per roster) and de installation as outlined above. Pre installation dates can be discussed;
- Work under the direction of the Site Manager, and other Sculpture by the Sea staff to run the day to day operations of the event;
- Work with artists and site curators for the erection/assembly of sculptures and site structures during installation/de installation;
- Complex installations of unique artworks in a public area;
- Provide a presence on site;
- To assist with the maintenance of the works and the site during the exhibition;
- Manage the site crew team during exhibition;
- Complete daily reports and exhibition records;
- To interact with other exhibition staff, volunteers and visitors to the exhibition;
- Maintain radio contact during shift periods;
- To work outdoors, meet new people and have fun in the process!
- Energetic, hands on people who like to work outdoors and understand the term “the show must go on”;
- A practical and technical skills background is key;
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Experience in the arts and event management;
- White/Yellow card certified;
- Telehandler, fork lift, EWP, rigging tickets;
- Current senior first aid certificate;
- Current drivers license.
EXHIBITION PREPARATION: Casual work as required from late September to mid October
PRE INSTALLATION: Monday 10th – Friday 15th October
CREW INDUCTION: Saturday 15th October
INSTALLATION: Monday 17th to Wednesday 19th October
EXHIBITION: Thursday 20th October – Sunday 6th November
(Shift work. Up to 6 x 9 hour morning or afternoon/evening shifts in each 7 day period)
DE INSTALLATION:Monday 7th – Thursday 10th November
There are no exceptions to the installation, exhibition or de installation dates and little flexibility in the rostering of crew, so if you can not commit to all of these dates, please do not apply. Pre installation dates can be discussed.
Applications, in the form of a CV and cover letter should be submitted to[email protected]
Further information can be found at www.sculpturebythesea.com and specifics can be discussed with Angela Dufty, Assistant Site Manager, on +61 2 8399 0233.
Applications Due: AUGUST 25th 2016