Emerging, established and aspiring artists alike are invited to submit for pre-selection into the 12th annual Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe to be staged on Perth’s stunning Cottesloe Beach in Australia from 4 – 20 March, 2016.
We are also pleased to announce that for the first time at Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe we will cover install and de-install sitecrew and heavy equipment costs for all artists – for details please refer to the Terms and Conditions.
- The Town of Cottesloe has committed to acquire a sculpture for the Town of Cottesloe Collection. In previous years this acquisition has been up to $70,000 and this arrangement is expected to continue in 2016;
- Site specific artist subsidies of a total up to $10,000 to be distributed between selected artists
- An estimated 260,000 visitors across 3 weeks
- Over 70 sculptures by Australian and international artists
The curatorial panel for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2016 are:
- Prof. Sasha Grishin, Emeritus Professor, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- Dr. Michael Hill, Head of Art History and Theory, National Art School, Sydney, Australia
- Dr. Nien Schwarz, Artist & Senior Lecturer, School of Communications and Arts, Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia
- Bruce Slatter, Head of School, School of Design and Art, Curtin University, Perth, Australia
Applications are open until 14 August 2015
Click here for an application form.
Virginia King, turning stones, Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2015. Photo Jessica Wyld.