COVID Safe Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2021
Updated 25 February 2021
Due to the border control measures by the state government, Sculpture by the Sea and WA are in good shape so that we can all enjoy the 17th annual Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2021 exhibition.
Being COVID safe is a shared responsibility so please read on for the safe practices that we ask you to follow:
Stay home if you are unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms
You should not attend the exhibition if you:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 or are waiting on COVID-19 test results
- You are required to self-isolate or quarantine
- You have COVID-19 symptoms. Click here for more info on symptoms.
Other ways you can be COVID safe
- Practice social distancing when visiting the exhibition
- Use the hand sanitiser and hand wash facilities provided at Information Booths and toilet facilities
- Listen and comply to the instructions of Sculpture by the Sea COVID Marshalls
- Be patient and comply with government-mandated contact tracing requirements when entering venues such as ‘Sculpture Inside’ located at the Sea View Golf Club Clubhouse, and sign-in wherever you are.
- Download the COVIDSafe app
The state government requires contact tracing at venues to help stop the spread.
Persons under the age of 18 years will not be required to register as they must be attending and supervised by a registered responsible adult at all times.
In the event of a COVID-19 being traced to the Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe site, the information collected from all registered patrons who have attended the exhibition venue that day will be passed onto the Department of Health.
Sculpture by the Sea will also oversee contact tracing of artists, staff and volunteers.
How we are being COVID safe
Sculpture by the Sea has developed an in-depth COVID Event Plan for its venue, in consultation with the WA Department of Health and the Town of Cottesloe.
Some of the key elements of the Sculpture by the Sea COVID Event Plan include:
- All staff, volunteers and site contractors will undertake COVID safety training.
- COVID safety equipment and procedures will be used by staff that interact with visitors e.g. security, information booth staff, welcome staff, volunteers.
- Hand sanitiser and hand wash facilities will be available on site.
- Venues will be cleaned and sterilised regularly with disinfectant spray and wipe.
- Back of house high-touch areas regularly cleaned and sanitised.
- Sculpture by the Sea COVID Marshalls will be present onsite to promote and monitor patron safety.
- Contact tracing will be conducted as per state government requirements including storing names and email addresses of patrons. Patrons will be encouraged to check-in and for indoor venues, will be required to register upon entry via the SafeWA App.
- Reduced touchpoints on site and cashless transaction facilities for purchasing and donating.