International and Australian scholars and artists along with an esteemed panel of academics and artists from CAFA, China’s leading tertiary art school, came together to discuss the importance, impact, challenges, and opportunities of sculpture. With a focus on education at the tertiary and secondary level, the conference will also feature a cultural exchange of the latest ideas and thinking in sculpture.
• Professor Lv Pinchang Artist & Dean of Sculpture, CAFA, Beijing
• Professor Sui Jianguo Artist, former Dean of Sculpture, CAFA, Beijing
• Hossein Valamanesh Artist, Adelaide
• John McDonald Author, Art Critic & former Head of Australian Art, National Gallery of Australia
• Petra Pattinson Education Manager, Sculpture by the Sea
• Professor Paul S.C. Taçon FAHA FSA Professor of Anthropology & Archaeology, School of Humanities, Languages & Social Science, Griffith University, Gold Coast
• Wendy Teakel Artist, former Head of Sculpture, Australian National University
• Dr. Nien Schwarz Artist & Senior Lecturer, School of Arts and Humanities, Edith Cowan University, Perth
• Emeritus Professor Gavin Younge Artist, Author & former Head of Sculpture, University of Cape Town
• David Horton Artist, Head of Sculpture, National Art School, Sydney
Completing The Sydney Sculpture Conference will contribute 6 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 and 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Be kept up to date and join our delegate database, just email ‘JOIN’ to [email protected]