Paul Selwood, Phyli, Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2017. Photo Clyde Yee
Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2018 Artist Submissions are now open!
Call for submissions for the 22nd annual Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi to be staged along the coastal walk from Bondi to Tamarama in Sydney, Australia from 18 October – 4 November, 2018, are now open!
Online applications close at midnight 2 April, 2018.
Please visit our online application form here:
Or download a hard copy of our application form here.
- Exhibiting over 100 sculptures by Australian and overseas artists
- Strong sculpture sales
- Open to emerging and experienced artists alike
- Attracts 500,000 visitors each year
AWARDS & SUBSIDIES
- The acquisitive Aqualand Sculpture Award of $70,000
- Three Helen Lempriere Scholarships of $30,000 each open to Australian artists
- Four new and innovative works will receive $5,000 – $10,000 each towards their costs, with support from the Australia Council for the Arts
- Three Clitheroe Foundation Mentorships of $10,000 for young emerging Australian artists
- $10,000 for an Israeli artist to exhibit
- The Wallace Foundation New Zealand Sculptor Award for a New Zealand artist of NZ$7,000
- The Dick Bett Memorial Invitation for a Tasmanian artist of $5,000
- Stephen Bradley, Manager, The Transfield Art Collection, Sydney
- Geoffrey Edwards, Former Director, Geelong Gallery, Victoria and former Senior Curator, Sculpture, National Gallery of Victoria
- Clara Hali, Sculptor & Lecturer in Sculpture, National Art School, Sydney
- Dr Nien Schwarz, Artist & Senior Lecturer, School of Arts and Humanities, Edith Cowan University, Perth
Artists thinking of submitting an application are encouraged to read our Terms & Conditions
Applications for Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi, 2018 will open on 5 February, with applications closing on 2 April, 2018. If you have any questions please contact Natasha King, Exhibition Coordinator at [email protected] or 02 8399 0233.
Keep an eye out for our Call for Submissions for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2018 which will open in June 2018.