Coinciding with the 22nd annual exhibition of Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi and presented in partnership with the Central Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA), Beijing, Sculpture by the Sea presents ‘Sculpture: a universal language’, an annual Sculpture Conference at the Sydney Opera House on Monday 5 November, 2018.
International and Australian scholars and artists along with an esteemed panel of academics and artists from CAFA, China’s leading tertiary art school, will come together to discuss the importance, impact, challenges and opportunities of sculpture. With a focus on education at the tertiary and secondary level, the conference will also feature a cultural exchange of the latest ideas and thinking in sculpture.
• Professor Lv Pinchang Artist & Head of Sculpture, CAFA (Beijing, China)
• Professor Sui Jianguo Artist, former Head of Sculpture, CAFA (Beijing, China)
• Hossein Valamanesh Artist (Adelaide, Australia)
• John McDonald Author, Art Critic & former Head of Australian Art at the National Gallery of Australia (Sydney, Australia)
• Petra Pattinson Education Manager, Sculpture by the Sea (Sydney, Australia)
• Professor Paul S.C. Taçon FAHA FSA Professor of Anthropology & Archaeology, School of Humanities, Languages & Social Science, Griffith University (Gold Coast, Australia)
• Wendy Teakel Artist, former Head of Sculpture, Australian National University (Australia)
• Emeritus Professor Gavin Younge Artist, Author & Professor in Fine Art, University of Cape Town (South Africa)
• David Horton Artist, Head of Sculpture, National Art School (Sydney, Australia)
• Britt Mikkelsen Artist (Perth, Australia)
• Lubomir Mikle Artist (Bratislava, Slovakia)
• Nicole Monks Artist (Sydney, Australia)
• Michael Purdy Artist (Sydney, Australia)
Date Monday 5 November 2018
Time 9.30am – 5.30pm
Location The Studio, Sydney Opera House
Tickets $175 General Admission, $120 Concession and exhibiting Sculpture by the Sea Artists
Ticket price includes lunch, morning and afternoon tea, networking drink post conference and Delegate Tote Bag.
Or phone Sydney Opera House Box Office: +61 2 9250 7777
Completing The Sydney Sculpture Conference will contribute 6 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 6.2.2 and 7.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Be kept up to date and join our delegate database, just email ‘JOIN’ to [email protected]